GFL Environmental Services
As a key member of GFL’s HAZMAT Emergency Response Team, the HAZMAT Technician will provide a high level of technical expertise to emergency activations involving dangerous goods. The Technician will supplement our current team to ensure immediate response is provided to all emergency response calls, 24 hours per day and 365 days per year. The person will be able to complete responses in an efficient manner while upholding GFL’s high standards of safety and quality of service. The position requires exceptional skills in safety, planning, communication, organizing, and time management.
• Respond at a moment’s notice to spills including responding to rail, road, and fixed facilities.
• Perform chemical transloading from one means of containment to another. May include tank cars, tank trucks, fixed facility tanks, or other small means of containment.
• Perform chemical neutralization and decontamination as required.
• Assist with organizing all resources required in both an response situations and in preparation for potential response situations, including personnel, equipment, and documentation
• Ensure all emergency response equipment is operationally ready including maintaining, upgrading, and servicing our ER equipment and customer’s equipment.
• Ensure all relevant information and documentation is gathered and maintained when providing emergency services
• Lead safety in all aspects of emergency response, including following GFL procedures, completing safety documentation, and upholding GFL’s high level of safety.
• Set up and participate in live training events to ensure competency of personnel
• Willing to participate in specialized scheduled projects as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
• Ability to fulfill on-call requirements
• Physically fit and able to wear chemical protective clothing and respiratory protection from time to time as required.
• Driver's License required
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent organizational skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• Willingness to work out of town from time to time, for days, up to weeks at a time.
• Understanding of vacuum truck and power wash equipment
• Team-driven and safety-focused
• Experience in a position relating to hazardous materials emergency response would be considered an asset
• Advanced training including but not limited to: HAZMAT Technician, Tank car Specialist, Tank truck Specialist, ICS, Confined Space Entry, etc. would be considered an asset
• On Top of a competitive wage, we also offer Commission and Bonus Pay!
• Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
• 401k, and 401k matching
• Paid Holidays
• Up to 3 weeks of PTO
• And several other benefits
Successful candidates must pass the Pre-Screening process if offered this position. This includes a criminal background check, drug screen, and MVR check (if applicable for the position).
APPLY NOW BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW:
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type : Full-Time