GFL Environmental Services
Vacuum Truck Driver-CDL A
The Vacuum Truck Operator will work with the Vacuum Truck Services team to provide exceptional service to our clients. Services provided include (but are not limited to): hydro excavating, confined space entry, spill cleanup, line flushing, power washing, water hauling, and loading and hauling of various fluids/materials. The chosen individual will perform this diverse range of activities with a focus on safety, professionalism, and teamwork.
• Safely operate vacuum equipment in an industrial setting
• Follow company policies and procedures as well as various on-site requirements
• Provide exceptional service to all clients and professionally represent GFL
• Complete daily equipment pre-trips and driver logs required for NSC compliance
• Maintain detailed and accurate company documentation to accompany work performed
• Demonstrate a commitment to environmental compliance
• Participate in safety programs such as safety meetings, near-miss reporting, and job hazard assessments
• Work independently while managing time and productivity and communicate effectively
• CDL A or B license with a clean driver’s abstract, Hazmat / Tanker Endorsements (X -Endorsement), and Manual Transmission Experience.
• 2 years of Industrial vacuum truck and/or hydro-excavating experience preferably with a combo unit
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills
• Safety-focused attitude with experience working in an industrial setting
• Knowledge to perform minor maintenance on units to maintain efficient operation
• Possesses cleanliness and organizational skills
• Must be in good health and physical condition to perform duties assigned
• Willing to accept after-hour calls when necessary
• Some short-term travel and overnight may be required, for days, up to weeks at a time.
• Valid safety tickets such as First Aid/CPR, Construction Safety Training (CSTS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and H2S Alive are considered an asset
• On Top of a competitive wage, we also offer Commission and Bonus Pay!
• Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
• 401k, and 401k matching
• Paid Holidays
• Up to 3 weeks of PTO
• And several other benefits
Successful candidates must pass the Pre-Screening process if offered this position. This includes a criminal background check, drug screen, and MVR check (if applicable for the position).
TO APPLY CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW:
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type : Full-Time