Quapaw is now hiring a leadman in Drumright OK
The Dolese Promise is built on a foundation of integrity driven by our passion for quality, safety, and reliability. We are one of Oklahoma's most respected employee-owned companies because of our people and our values. We strongly believe in positively impacting our communities through our products, our actions, and our financial support.
Being a part of the Dolese team affords a unique opportunity to join an organization that rewards its owners through profit sharing. Our employees are one of our most important resources, which is why we promise to deliver.
- Stable Foundation
- Treat with Respect
- Safe Environments
- Employee Focus
The primary functions of the Leadman include but are not limited to assisting in managing the performance of day-to-day operational activities which may include pit and/or plant production (primary, secondary, chip plant, wash plant, etc.) as well as plant and mobile equipment maintenance. The Leadman also assists in training and developing a safe and efficient hourly workforce through use of the company’s safety policies and procedures, MSHA and other regulations, continuous improvement, meeting production and costs goals, quality control and other functions as assigned by management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Follow all safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures as set forth by company policies and MSHA.
- Follow all company policies and local, state and federal regulations for safe working procedures.
- Ensure that all hourly employees under his/her area of responsibility receive competent task training to safely perform his/her job duties and that such training is properly documented in a timely manner.
- Assist management in investigating, determining root cause and finding a collective resolution to all incidents and safety concern reports.
- Assist in managing all daily activities of all hourly production, maintenance and support personnel.
- Conduct regular site inspections to ensure all safety, maintenance, and plant cleanup items are addressed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Constantly evaluate all processes and procedures and give recommendations that will optimize operations.
- Assist management with all daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all plant and mobile equipment on site are properly maintained according to Dolese Bros. Co. maintenance program requirements.
- Ability and knowledge to operate and monitor equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance and pre-shift inspections; repair and/or clean equipment as needed.
- Responsible for overall housekeeping including plant, equipment, and site.
- Ability to comprehend and complete all needed paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Regular, reliable attendance at the worksite or assigned work location.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
- Possess a safe work history.
- Have a positive attitude and proactive approach to our safety program.
- New leadman with some experience.
- Most Level One equipment utilized at leadman’s facility required and some Level Two equipment utilized at leadman’s facility.
- 2+ years’ experience in aggregate mining operations with a general understanding of blasting, crushers, screens, conveyors, and associated processing equipment preferred.
- Experience with quality control procedures and ability to make necessary changes to meet gradations.
- Good leadership abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic Microsoft Word and Outlook skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Good safety, behavior and attendance record.
- The selected candidate will be required to work collectively in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- 2+ years of maintenance experienced preferred.
- Ability to diagnose and trouble-shoot equipment malfunctions or failures.
- Willingness to do other work as needed, including heavy labor.
- Willingness to work outside in all weather extremes.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including swing shift, graveyard shift, over time and weekends as required.
- Ability to work near, around or on light or heavy equipment.
- Lift objects of various dimensions and up to 75 lbs occasionally and 50 lbs frequently.
- Ability to repeatedly climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to repeatedly balance, bend from the trunk, crawl, kneel, push and pull objects.
- Ability to use vibration producing tools frequently.
- Ability to tolerate working outdoors in all environmental temperatures and weather conditions.
- Ability to repeatedly reach, squat and tolerate prolonged standing/walking/sitting.
- Ability to frequently walk on uneven surfaces.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, marital or protected veteran status. Dolese provides 'reasonable accommodations' to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application process please contact the Human Resources Director.