Plains All American is an industry-leading transportation and midstream provider specializing in transportation, storage, processing and marketing solutions for crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGLs). We own an extensive network of pipeline transportation, terminalling, storage and gathering assets in key crude oil and NGL producing basins and transportation corridors and at major market hubs in the United States and Canada. On average, Plains handles more than 6 million barrelsP per day of crude oil and NGL in its Transportation segment. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Primary function is to operate and maintain terminal assets and/or pipeline facilities including tanks and pipeline pumping stations, to ensure accurate and safe transportation and storage of products, keeping them in good safe condition and in compliance with government regulations Assists with petroleum product movements in and out of pipeline terminal and/or pump stations. Responsible for storage of products, custody transfer activities and connecting carriers and customers. Position will be subject to call outs for work associated with Plains field operations and/or emergency response.
- Operate and maintain terminal facilities including: tanks, pumps, LACTs, valves and terminal piping, to ensure accurate and safe transportation and storage of products and custody transfer activities with connecting carriers and customers.
- Inspects pumps, valves and equipment for proper operation and performs general facility maintenance as needed.
- Performs all monthly DOT inspections, including tankage, fire extinguisher, fire water pump, etc. and ensures associated records are completed.
- Maintains effective and timely communications with Terminal Control Center.
- Takes meter readings, inspects and gauges tanks and completes accurate and timely reports of same.
- Inspects perimeter fencing, locks, etc. to maintain proper facility security.
- Maintains environmental equipment and processing of any waste.
- Perform other functions as deemed necessary by Terminal or Operations Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have pipeline knowledge and experience, and capability to take on a wide range of pipeline responsibilities and ability to manage pump station, pipeline and lease crude oil shipping responsibilities resulting in safe operating conditions and in compliance with government regulations.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical operational manuals
- Basic math and computer /PC skills.
- As job proficiency is attained, ability to calculate fluid flow, determine and perform batch scheduling and coordinate related activities and use basic sampling equipment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to speak read and write English.
- Must be organized and proficient in record keeping.
- Must possess or obtain operator qualifications as deemed by the Operations Supervisor and complete Haz-Mat training, safety programs and meet minimum D.O.T. requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work alone and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to occasionally lift or carry moderately heavy equipment up to 50 pounds, working, stooping, kneeling, bending, climbing and walking distances in all types of terrain.
- May work outdoors in open environment with extremes of heat and cold.
- Be able to accommodate travel, overtime, and participate in “on-call” rotation as required.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract;
- Cleared criminal history (background) and satisfactory reference checks;
- Compliance with the Company’s drug and alcohol policy including pre-employment D&A testing
At Plains, our employees are our most valuable asset. Hard work is rewarded with competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits program designed to keep our employees safe, healthy and happy. We work hard to deliver the best results to our stakeholders and we also respect our employees need for personal and family time, which is reflected in our benefits program.
Click HERE to apply